Sunday, April 19, 2015

April Catchup

I haven't been able to stay caught up this month in any aspect of my life.  It has been a struggle for me just to remember what day it is.  Life is going so fast, my head spins sometimes.  We've been busy, I just haven't sat down and posted pictures.  One thing I'm noticing though, cell phone cameras are nice and handy, but they just don't do as good of a job as a real camera.  I haven't used my camera very much this year, and I think it's time to start again.  I'm getting pictures, they just are all from a cell phone and it shows.  Just about half way through the year, and I'm just figuring that out.  Anyway, here is a quick review of the last couple of weeks. 
 
Ally saved and saved her money to get an easy bake oven.  She has wanted one for awhile.  By the time she saved enough money, she was more then excited to make the purchase and try it out.  Her and Owen have been having a great time.  I think it's funny Owen is so into it, but I love watching them together.  They've made chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter fudge, and crazy cake.  That little easy bake oven does a pretty yummy job. 
 My students have been studying living vs nonliving things in science class.  One of my coworkers has a farm and she brought in some baby pigs, another brought in a chick and a rabbit.  I knew my kids would love to come to work so I ran real quick to grab Davis and Ally for a bit and on our way from the elementary, we stopped home and picked up Blaze as well.  Ally was in heaven, she loves animals so so much!  The boys liked the animals, but they were skipping class, they would do pretty much anything to get out of class. 
 The youth in our ward did baptisms for the dead.  It was fun seeing my boys so excited for this opportunity. We've set a goal together for this summer of going to the temple together at least 3 times. 
 We had an honors field trip at school.  One of my students, felt bad because he's in a wheel chair, and he wondered if he would be able to take part in this activity.  Well, he had a great time, and definitely found a way to be able to participate. 
 Jazz game.  Owen, loves taking the front runner down and going to the games, the season is over for the Jazz though, and he will miss it. 
 Losing more teeth.  She makes being toothless look good. 
 As the school year comes to an end, I'm finding myself having a hard time.  I'm so excited for summer vacation, but a lot of things are changing next year.  Davis is just about done with elementary school and that just blows me away.  Pair that with Owen moving on to high school and I'm left speechless.  A friend sent me this picture from the 6th grade spring dance, I hope these friendships survive the move from elementary to Jr. High, but I also am excited for Davis to be able to meet some new kids and make new friendships. 
 What a crazy year this has been weather wise.  It was in the 60's in the morning, then a massive wind storm brought this and the next day it was back up in the 60's and now 70's.  That is spring in Utah for ya. 
 Visiting Grammy at work, it can be very dangerous.  But Gator comes out spoiled and looks beautiful at church. 
 Yesterday, the 18th, was my Grandma's birthday.  Since we had been to Lagoon, we went on a little detour home and visited the cemetery. 
 Lagoon! 
And there it is, April.  I love these kids so very much, and I love spending time with them.  They make life so fun! 

No comments: