Saturday, April 30, 2016

The rest of April

No new posts in awhile.  We are crazy busy with the end of the school year, basketball, yoga, soccer, track, finding jobs, and squeezing in a little play time when we can. 

Another college day for Owen.  He really really really would love to play football at Utah State.  He visited Logan and a player gave him some gloves which was so super nice, because we haven't ever been able to find ones that fit him. 
 I was in the restroom the other evening and came out to the boys gone.  Owen took the car and Davis to the store for dessert.  I was okay with this because the store is a mile away and also because I just really like ice cream. 
 
Basketball is insane right now.  I thought the school season was done, so we found Owen a comp team.  Well, the school is doing a post season league and they have games 3 times a week, along with open gym times, comp practice and comp games.  Owen is beat. 
 In their spare time, the boys are hanging out with friends so that leaves Gator and I home.  Her and her friend wanted to go swimming the other night, so I took them for a couple of hours.  With such an age gap between Gator and the boys, a lot of times, Gator ends up being the only child. She's not complaining though and I'm grateful I have a caboose. 
 Davis is still loving and learning from his CBA team.  He has an achilles injury right now that is has him off the court and very cranky.  We're hoping he can be back out playing soon. 
 We finally found an Owen size cup.
 Gator participated in a volleyball clinic at Rocky.  She had a lot of fun.  She is struggling with the decision if she wants to continue playing soccer or try something else.  So this clinic was good for her.
 Owen has his first job.  They've worked for a neighbor in summers past, and Davis is doing some work for the nursery by our house, but this will be the first actual "job".  I'm not sure where he will fit this into his schedule, but he is an expensive child and I think he wants to be able to help out with some of his stuff. 
 We found ourselves with a free evening after basketball practice got cancelled, so we went to Zeppes and got a treat. 
At work it was Aide appreciation day.  I loved that it is the same day as super hero day.  I love my job and my coworkers.  I think in our kind of work, we are a little like super heros, so I think we got lunch catered to us because we were celebrating super hero day not aide appreciation day. 

No comments: