We made it, we are on summer vacation. It was a fantastic, succesful, crazy busy school year, and now we will play and have fun.....around sports schedules that is, but we will still have a fun summer!
Gator was an awesome little speller. We had to study really hard, but she almost always got a 100% on her tests. Her reading has really come a long way, she can read, she just needs some more confidence. She is showing she has math smarts just like her brothers and her comprehension scores were right on. Her favorite subject was definitely art, she is always coloring and drawing and writing books, or making little projects. Gator is a tender heart and wears her heart on her sleeve, she is every single persons friend, and she cares about every one around her. We were sad to see the year end with her teacher Mrs. Wilde, but we've heard fantastic things about her teacher for 3rd grade.
Looking at their pictures from the beginning of the school year, I see the most change in Davis. Being with them every day, I don't notice how much he has grown and matured, but everyone else sure has noticed and seeing this comparison, I now see it too. Last week, I was in my classroom, Davis walked in gave me a big hug, then left to go to his class, not really saying a word, just showing me he loved me. I love working at the same school that Owen has gone to and now Davis. Even Owen has come back to my work. He was at Rocky almost every day this week, just hanging out.
Davis had an amazing year, this is one intelligent kid! He scored a 4 on every single SAGE test and the highest percentage in science. I am amazed. That math grade is just a little bit laziness on his part, which we will be working on. He enjoyed MESA this year as well as the NAL. I am so proud of him for coming to Jr High and trying new things and finding things he enjoys. He is looking forward to taking some engineering classes next year, as of now that is his goal to be an engineer in the Air Force. I am a bit nervous for that, but I am so extremely proud of him.
I laughed at Owens pictures, he's even standing the exact same way. He did manage to squeeze out a few more inches and a couple more sizes in shoes though. I wonder how much more growing he is going to do.
Grade wise though, WOW. He had a 4.0 3rd quarter and a 3.95 4th, that darn A- in math. He also had a couple 4's on his SAGE testing. All while wrestling, playing football, basketball and track. He was a busy busy kid, and spent some long hours at Fremont. He is getting closer and closer to getting his license, just now waiting to turn 16.
I am so proud of these 3 kids. They amaze me daily and make me smile and laugh. Life is pretty awesome, and I'm so grateful I have them to spend mine with!






No comments:
Post a Comment