Saturday, December 3, 2016

Busy time of year

Weekends aren't too relaxing around here, but I would take the crazy family life over the work week any second.  I look forward to weekends, because I may be busy running around, but I'm busy because of my kids and that is just the way I want to be.  Davis has been dying to start ski season, so Gator and I drove him up to Basin this morning so he could do just that.  He was so excited and it was fun sharing that excitement as we drove.  After we dropped him off, Gator and I got back in the car to drive to Logan where Owen was for a basketball tournament.  I enjoyed watching him play and my little sidekick is happy as long as I bring change for the concessions.  After the games, we got back in the car to get everyone home to get ready for dinner with my dad and Dianne who are in town for Eli's blessing tomorrow.  We had dinner at Golden Corral, then went back to Mat and Andrea's for a bit to visit a little longer.  As I just put my kids all to bed, I'm now going to bed myself.  I'm exhausted, but happy.  It was a fun day. 
 My dad has a pecan orchard in Toquerville.  He makes things with his pecan wood, he's made the boys yo-yos and a tie slide for when they were in cub scouts.  He made these nativities for us this year, and I love it. 

1 comment:

Jana Lyn said...

What an amazing Nativity! Your dad has some great talent!