Monday, August 1, 2011

We got in one more

I had said before that we were done going on trips for the summer, but we were able to fit in just one more weekend camping trip. We went with some friends up by Hyrum to a place called Blacksmith Fork Canyon. It was really pretty, and we had a great weekend, except for running out of water (we need a much bigger tank) in the trailer. The boys were good sports though and bathed in the freezing cold river. And they needed it! My kids were dirty!! Dirt in the ears, up the nose, in the eyebrows... everywhere. We went on lots of fun rides (with a few run ins with cattle). The boys favorite was up to Old Ephraims grave. It was a grave of a 10 foot bear. They thought that would have been so cool to see him....me not so much. Anna(one of Jasons daughters) is 14, and an aspiring hair stylist. Ally and I were her models. Dirt, wind and helmets don't do much for cute hair styles though. One thing I love about camping though is watching my kids have a great time together. And even without a tv or computer or video games. There was almost NO fighting and they used their imaginations making up games and stories and things to do. And now that I am home after a long warm shower, in my bed, I can say that I can't wait to go again








No comments: