Sunday, August 26, 2012

Worn out

This is one worn out little girl.  She spent all morning cheering for her boys at football (well, ok playing on the park with her friends) and then she had her soccer game.  We came home and while I was making bread and doing laundry she just couldn't stay awake any longer.  I came up stairs to her sleeping at the kitchen counter.  I left her there thinking if she was sleeping sitting up, it wouldn't be a very long nap so she would still go to bed at night.  Well, I came back a few mintutes later and I guess sitting on the stool wasn't very comfortable anymore, she had climbed up on the counter.  She reminded me of some other times that I've gotten a good laugh at my kids and the ways they had fallen asleep. 
 We were at Stewarts one time and hadn't seen Owen for awhile.  Bahkey is always willing to take a nap with the grandkids. 
 Owen still falls asleep every night with his music playing.  And ever since "The Boys of Fall" came out, that is the song that he plays on repeat every single night. 
 Davis isn't much of a sleeper.  He gave us plenty of stress in that department when he was a baby, but as he has grown he has become a little bit better of a sleeper.  Although, he will never be getting a drivers license.  He used to crack us up in the power wheels jeep.  He would fall asleep while riding around the back yard.  Once in awhile, I just left him in there because he was actually taking a nap.  Every so often his foot would move over to the gas pedal and he would go cruising a bit till he ran into the fence or something.  With our big yard sometimes it took a while for him to run into something to stop him, and he would just go in circles.  But he slept through it all. 
 Ally on the other hand, never woke up for the first 2 months of her life.  She is a little older in this picture, but still was a good sleeper.  I wish that was one trait she didn't grow out of.  She slept so much then now she requires very little sleep.  I guess that is why sometimes she is just so worn out and can't help herself and she falls asleep on the kitchen counter. 

1 comment:

Jana Lyn said...

Too funny! Sleep, is such a funny thing. Little kids fight it 'til they sleep in funny positions and/or places, adults crave it.