Once a year, I make the plans and no one can complain. Luckily no one tries to complain, they all know me and know I am so in love with this time of year. I plan a whole day, usually conference Sunday, to go for a drive to enjoy the beautiful season. I pack a lunch and we listen to conference as we drive. This year we went up into East canyon. It was amazing, so many reds and yellows. The kids can't complain about pictures on my day either, that is just the rules. And I take advantage of it!
We like Liberty Park, so that is where we stopped to get out and eat lunch and play for a bit. We were there for a couple hours, it was just such a beautiful day, and the kids were actually getting along and playing together. I could've stayed there all day. I loved today! Davis shared his lunch with a squirrel that we saw in a tree. This little guy entertained all of us for quite some time. Davis would run over to the tree and put a cheeto on the ground, then we would watch and sure enough every time the squirrel would come down grab the cheeto in his mouth and run back up the tree. He had a very full belly I'm sure by the time we were done.
Liberty Park has a big hill that the kids like to roll down. It is a very "kid" activity, I always loved doing this. Now it makes me sick to even watch let alone actually do it. Davis decided to challenge Owen to roll down as fast as they could then jump right up and run back up the hill. Owen did this with not much problem, but Davis, well as you can see he fell flat on his face.
It was a great family fall day. If schedules allow, I may try to squeeze another fall day in.
No comments:
Post a Comment