Friday, June 21, 2013

Waterworld

A couple of years ago, the boys were watching the Travel Channel's episode of "The Worlds Best Water Parks".  They featured a park in Denver that has been on our bucket list since they saw that show.  So when we were talking vacations for the summer this was the first place they wanted to go.  We had a blast!!  It was huge, we were there from open to close and we still didn't get to do everything.  But we did get to do everything that the boys had researched and really wanted to do. 
 Gator loved all the kid pools.  This one, she had to herself pretty much.  It was called "Wally's World"
 I think this one was one of my favorite's.  It was a lot of work to carry the tube up to the top, but it was so much fun to ride down the "Colorado River" together in the tube. 
 Davis was the only one brave enough to do these speed slides.  He says brave, I say crazy!
 This was at the top of our list, and it's the only that we really had to wait for.  It is called, the Mile High Flier.  It is a water roller coaster and it was very worth the wait. 
 The other slide, we had at the top of our list was called Revolution.  It was actually at the boys top, and at my scarey stay away from list.  But I went on it, and I think it was my favorite.  Lovely picture of me just about falling off the tube huh. 
 No way were the boys talking me into going on this one.  I let them do it alone.  It was like a skate board half pipe thing, and it was awful, but they thought it was great!
 The park was so huge there is a tram to take you from one end to the other.  This was at the end of the day, and we were exhausted, but I think it's my favorite picture of the whole day. 
Closing down the water park in the wave pool.  What fun memories we will have of this day! 

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

So fun! It looks like you had an amazing time.