Friday, July 5, 2013

Toquerville 4th of July

 My kids and I are having a little disagreement.  I completely enjoyed spending the 4th of July in Toquerville.  They had a great time, but they say it wasn't the same without a parade.  I actually hate the parades.  I go for my kids.  Toquerville had a town breakfast and then a program at the park.  It was incredible and brought the whole spiritual part into the holiday for me.  I loved sitting there in the park, looking at the American flag and listening to the patriotic songs that were prepared.  They were different songs than I had ever heard, and they gave me goosebumps.  I really enjoyed celebrating the 4th this way this year. 

Along with the community numbers, a group called Rocking Horse band was there.  This guy sounded just like Kenny Rogers.  They did a great job. 
I agree with my kids on the fireworks though.  I did miss the firework show with everyone.  Toquerville doesn't do fireworks and it is so dry this year they banned personal ones.  But sparklers don't count right:).  We sat outside the trailer and was able to see Hurricane's show in the distance, but it was different from being right there in front of them. 
 

No comments: