It has been so blasted hot this summer, we are officially cooked. The house AC is broken so we try to get out of the house and do some stuff, but the bad thing is that the car AC is broke as well. So our activities have to be close and cool. Friday we went to the theater with some friends and saw Turbo. I haven't been sleeping well, so I sat in a cool building and began nodding off. The movie was cute, I was just exhausted.
Our friends came over after the movie for a backyard party. Swimming and roasting hot dogs and smores. After it got dark last night, the kids and I weren't ready for bed yet so we did some glow in the dark bowling. I got the idea off Pinterest and it was a lot of fun. The kids thought it was great fun, especially because they got to stay up so late.
Growing up, we slept outside on the trampoline all summer. The bright hot sun would wake us up and we would all end up in a big pile in the middle of the trampoline. My kids have always wanted to spend the night outside, but I was scared to have them do it alone, and I just never really wanted to. Anyway last night we rented a movie and piled blankets and pillows on the trampoline with every intention of sleeping there all night. As my allergies were exploding and I was laying there so extremely uncomfortable, I was thinking what in the world had I gotten myself into. Ally was snoozing away as soon as we turned the movie on, I was sneezing away and the boys were just watching the movie. Luckily Davis spoke up first stating he just didn't want to sleep on the trampoline all night. I made double sure he wanted to go to the trailer, just so I didn't sound so anxious to abandon their fun, and him and I carried Gator to the trailer where we spent the night. Owen was the only one that stayed on the trampoline. And instead of the hot sun waking him up, it was a few raindrops. I was hoping it would continue raining, but the sun is breaking through the clouds and it is going to be another hot day. It has been a very fun busy summer, but I am just ready for some cooler weather.

1 comment:
rollerskates and fourwheeling! What a great combination! What fun you always have!
Post a Comment