Sunday, May 8, 2016

It was a happy Mother's Day

My Mother's Day began yesterday with a delivery from UPS.  I got some amazing chocolate strawberries, they are so delicious, big, and juicy.  Then after dinner, the kids took me to Cherry Berry for our annual Mother's Day ice cream night. 
 Life is most certainly not easy, but for these three remarkable kids, I will keep going.  I can't help but smile when I think of how blessed I am to have the very best for me three kids I could have ever been given.  There is no doubt in my mind of our Savior's plan that I was chosen to be their mother on this earth, and  I can have them for eternity.  That knowledge makes my Mother's Day and every day worth living. 
 My kids have always prepared a meal for me on Mother's Day.  It seems when church is early, I get lunch, when it is at 11:00, I get dinner, and when we have the late 1:00 church they prepare breakfast.  This year, I got dinner.  We decided to go to Sheila's so she could join us.  The kids did a fantastic job making Manicotti, Salad, and Garlic Bread.  I was so impressed, it was delicious. 
 The first Mother's Day we had to go to the cemetery to celebrate mom.  It sucks, but having such an awesome family helps.  Gator wanted to make something to put on grandma's grave, so her and I made these cute flowers out of felt and popsicle sticks.  It was a project that took way longer then we thought, and we both had hot glue gun burns, but they turned out so cute and they look so cute at the cemetery and these flowers will never die.
 It's been raining all weekend, so the kids were so happy to get out and enjoy each others company at the park.  We froze as we ate root beer floats, but they sure tasted yummy. 
 These guys are growing into such awesome big people. 
 Trying to get Livia to stay and not leave to go home and do homework.  Party Pooper!

1 comment:

Jana Lyn said...

I love that you even have traditions for mother's day!