Saturday, July 16, 2022

Totally crazy

 Last year, through talking with a resident at the assisted living, we discovered that she has a daughter who had taught Owen and Davis in the first grade.  It has been so fun getting to know this resident and  reconnecting with her daughter, she remembers the boys fondly.  Today I was at work and sitting at a table while she and two other residents ate lunch.  We were just making small talk and I brought up how it was Owen and Kylee's first anniversary.  I  mentioned to this other resident that my son lives in Idaho and plays football.  She got excited and asked me if I had ever heard of a Brant Boyer who played in the NFL, he was her grandson.  I thought the name sounded a little familiar, but I did tell her that Owen had a fourth grade teacher named Mrs. Boyer.  I felt deja vu as she said "yes, that is my daughter."  I couldn't believe what I was hearing and I said you've got to be kidding me.  Neither of these ladies knew they both have a daughter that had taught at Kanesville Elementary together for years, and who had both taught my son.  What a crazy small world.  We laughed and she called her daughter, I spoke with her for a minute.  She has retired from teaching, but remembers Owen and told me how much she always loved him.  We had a very fun time sitting at that table today laughing and talking of our families.  

No comments: