Monday, March 13, 2023

Forever Family Day

 March 13 is a Monday this year, so I celebrated my Forever Family Day over the weekend.  I had to work Saturday, but Owen and Kylee came down and after I got off work, we went to Top Golf.  Owen had his cast on from surgery when we went for Davis's birthday, and he likes Top Golf, so I reserved another bay to celebrate my family.  A new movie came out that I really wanted to see, and I figured it would be a great weekend to see that with everyone.  I just didn't realize a late movie, and daylight savings don't mix too well when you're old.  After golfing, we went to dinner, then drove back to Ogden for a 10:00 showing of Champions.  I was a tad disappointed in the movie. It had a ton of potential, and could've been more of a "family" film, but it was a little crude and I know I am old fashioned, but I just don't see why that is funny or has to be in a movie.  But overall the movie had some funny parts and it was okay.  I love my students, and I could see each of them in the characters on the movie so that was fun.  After the time change we got to bed at about 3:00 and church is early so I got about 3 1/2 hours sleep.  But I love having everyone around, so I happily made a big lunch after church and before Owen and Kylee took off for her moms house.  Davis and Kin stuck around for a little bit and we played Switch.  After everyone left, I wanted to take a nap, but Gator wanted to go for a drive.  I am grateful for one thing, that she is my last one to teach how to drive.  Teaching a kid to drive has got to be one of the hardest things I've done.  But we went for the drive, and I survived to get to come home and chill on the couch before I was asleep by 8:30.  That was a bad choice though because I was up a lot during the night.  I'm worse than a little kid with daylight savings.  We need to do away with the whole time change thing, leave it at one time.  It was a fun weekend though, and I love celebrating my family.  

No comments: