We spent another weekend down south, I had to go pick up Gator in Panguitch so I planned to stay a few days at my dads this time. We weren't so lucky this time with the weather though. I wasn't ready for the heat and when we got to Toquerville on Saturday, I seriously thought I was going to die. We went straight to the river to cool down. There wasn't much water, but it felt good to sit and visit. Josh, Rachelle, and Eli were there for the night so we hung out and played games in the house. We did a lot of that to get away from the heat. We played games and looked at old pictures. On Sunday we left the house long enough to go to church, and Monday we got up early to go on a hike. It felt really good in the morning, but as we were coming down it was noon, and as soon as we came out of the canyon, the heat hit us like a wall. We barely made it to a gas station for a cold drink and back to my dads house before we couldn't move anymore. The girls took a nap and I relaxed on the couch downstairs, but lizards in the window well caused a lot of excitement. Dianne was outside trying to get them out so they didn't die, like a dummy I opened the window to see and there was a tiny hole in the screen, but a lizard found that hole and jumped right into the basement. Luckily Dianne and Lucy saved my life and came in and chased the lizard around the basement. The rest of the evening was calm and we played more games. Tuesday we woke up and went to the Red Cliffs temple. The girls and my dad did baptisms, and I went and did initiatories. I love that our road trips usually center around a temple visit. It was hot, very hot, but I am glad that we still took the trip down and that Lucy joined us. I love making memories with my family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment