Earlier this week, I took my class on a field trip to the Hogle Zoo. It was insane, busy, and hot, but my students had a lot of fun, and that made it worth it.
I knew I'd be back to the zoo a couple days later. I had bought tickets for ZooIlluminate for me and my kids for Mother's Day. Walking around with my students, seeing all the light displays, I knew it would be pretty cool. I always celebrate Mother's Day on Saturday, so my boys don't stress about all the craziness of Sunday trying to get to eveyone. Not too many animals were out yesterday evening by the time the lights were on, but we saw a few. The tiger was pacing, the monkey's were cleaning their new baby, the zebras were playing, but most of them had gone to bed. But the lights were awesome. They were through out the whole zoo, so we walked around a lot to see them all. Definetely a fun way to spend the evening. We went to Applebee's for a late dinner of half price appetizers. Something we found out about a little while ago, and we like to take advantage of the good deal. We had a fire for a bit when we got home which was a nice way to relax, but I got real tired real quick, although it was 2 am by this time. It was the perfect celebration for Mother's Day, spending time with my favorite people.


No comments:
Post a Comment