Sunday, October 5, 2025

Change of plans

 I had my fall day planned for months.  We were going to go up to Idaho and into the mountains to go shooting and "leaf peeping" ( a term I just learned).  I watched the weather all week, and the storm they were saying was going to arrive on Friday night just kept getting bigger and bigger..  Well, that storm definitely came and it was a big one.  Gator went to Owens on Friday, the three of them went to the temple Friday night.  I love that Owen and & Kylee are supporting Gator in her temple habit.  The temple is so important to Gator, and she loves that she can share that with them.  I laid in bed all night Friday night listening to the thunder and pouring rain.  It didn't let up the whole night and I woke up to a flood Saturday morning.  I cleaned it up and left for Idaho.  Davis & Kin drove me up and we knew our plan for shooting wouldn't work out.  The rain was still just coming down.  I decided my kids really do love me though because they know how important my family time is, and how much I love fall and they still suggested we go for a short fall walk on a paved trail.  It was a beautiful walk.  Afterwards we went to Costco and got some junk food, and Soda Barn for a drink, then back to Owen & Kylee's for dinner, snacks, and football.  Kylee made us chicken noodle soup which tasted so yummy on such a cold fall day.  The day was still perfect even though we had to change our original plans.  I am grateful for any time with my family.  

No comments: