Thursday, April 1, 2010

Success!!!

What a funny morning. I had to work so hard at keeping a straight face. I told the boys last night they cancelled spring break. Oh my gosh, I thought Owen was going to die. He was so upset, I almost felt bad. He cried and cried and said it just wasn't fair to get kids all excited about no school, and than to cancel it. I am so mean! To get them to even go I had to tell them that I would check them out early and take them to McDonalds for lunch (like how I am trying to look like the hero, not the bad guy)?!? The boys woke up and knew it was April Fools and kept playing little jokes on each other and me, but they didn't ever catch on. Owen left saying he was actually glad that they had school because it would be fun on April Fools day. I was like "what!! No you can't be excited for school!" So off they went to the bus stop and my friends came through the back yard and we let the boys sit and wait at the bus stop for a few minutes, and then we jumped out of the garage and yelled "April Fools". It was good. And all the boys took it very well and got a good laugh out of it. I am dreading the day now though, my boys will be working hard to pay me back. Wish me luck!




Looks as if Mother Nature wanted to join in on the fun this year also!

3 comments:

Ananda said...

That's funny! I'll have to file that one away.

Andrea said...

That was a good one!

Anonymous said...

When I read your comment a day or two ago, and then woke up to find 10 inches of snow on the cars and drive this morning I kind-of figured your April Fools had gotten out of hand. However, I went down to Toquerville and found Spring sunshine with leaves on the trees and I figured I beat April Fool's hands down. Just had a real hard time coming back to Cedar.