Saturday, November 5, 2011

Moms Day

We haven't had a day in a long time with no plans. There was no school, scouts, football, basketball, games or practice, the kids didn't have plans with friends, not even any homework. I decided it was my day. I just wanted a day to be with my kids and not rushing anywhere. We started it off with some Christmas music. That was my choice not theirs, what can I say the snow got me in the mood. Owen had his headphones on, and so did Ally, poor Davis had to deal with me cause his IPOD was dead. He was a good sport. We just ran some errands, nothing too exciting, but it was nice. We then met up with mom and Colin and Rachelle and her boys for some lunch. The kids had a little too much fun mixing drinks and getting Ally and Blake to eat limes and lemons. I guess that's what happens when you are the young ones. After lunch we went to the Kaysville theater to watch Smurfs. I haven't been to the Kaysville theater in years, but it was pretty much the same. You can't beat the price though, that is for sure. It was a good day. And now my kids are in bed...unaware of the time change. Is that mean of me? I put them to bed at normal time, then I hurry and change all the clocks and enjoy an extra hour of quiet to myself. It is only once a year, so it can't be too mean right.

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

We had a lot of fun. That pic makes me laugh- my kids were freezing to death. Let's do it again soon!