Saturday, July 14, 2012

Science Day

We made a mess today.  It was our science day.  I have gathered a few experiments that I thought would be fun and put them on "our list" for a day to fill activity.   Krissy and her kids joined us, and at Krissy's expense we spent the afternoon at her house.  Science is not clean. 
 "Elephant toothpaste".  Dallin and Davis don't look too impressed, but they did think it was cool.  This was actually one of my favorite ones,  I was amazed at the heat produced using hydrogen peroxide, yeast and water.  It was very warm. 
 Owen, Davis & Dallin watching Ivory soap explode in the microwave.  I hope Krissy and PJ's food won't taste like soap now. 
 Ally, Eden & Lucy playing with their soap cloud. 
 Of course we did the coke/mento geyser.  I haven't ever actually seen this done before.  I was shocked by how instant it worked.  The second the mento was placed in the bottle there was an eruption. 
 Fizzy balloons.  End result fun, smell really bad. 
 Davis, Owen & Grace with their exploding bags. 
 Eden, Ally and Davis making bouncy balls. 
 Grace & Lucy giving it a shot. 
 Ally, Owen & Eden taking a break from science. 

1 comment:

Andrea said...

how fun! i love the diet coke thing!