We got together with family last weekend at Sheila's house to make gingerbread houses. Try as I might, I just finally turned it over to the boys to put their eyeballs and horns on the dang thing. I wanted a cute fence and the roof lined with Christmas lights, but I lost. They were proud of their house, and I need to learn to relax about certain things.
We have been getting the 12 twelve days of Christmas done to us. For one of the days we got a story book with a CD. Well, the only CD player we have is in the car, so we went for a drive with hot chocolate to listen to the story and songs. There are some very amazing people around us. I hope my kids are feeling the giving spirit this year and learning what Christmas is all about. Along with the fabulous twelve days of Christmas, we also got a secret santa. What a humbling year. I'm trying to let go of my pride, it's so hard. But I am very grateful for people that love my family and think of us during this trial. I hope I can teach my kids to pay it forward. When things settle down and we are back on our feet, I want to be the one giving. I hope I can help bring such happiness to others.
No comments:
Post a Comment