We've been saving coupons to Get Air. We finally had 3 coupons, so we went and the kids cashed them in. It's kinda nice not having to pay a dime, and it was 2 hour Tuesday. Bonus!
Later that night we had our first mallow roast of the year. The first fire of the year smells so good because it is the Christmas tree that we burn.
Another free thing we did during Spring Break was a visit to Toads. I got such a great deal on passes earlier in the year, that we get to go as many times as we want and don't have to pay a thing. We've only had passes a couple of months, but we have definitely gotten our money's worth. I'm going to include a couple of pictures from last week as well. I told the kids I didn't know how to drive the go karts so I could stay off and take pictures. But during Spring Break I left the camera behind and jumped on a go kart and kicked everyone's hiney. The boys were shocked that their old mom actually won a race.
The big thing we did this week was a visit to the zoo. The kids love the zoo and already have their next trip planned next spring when the new African Savanna exhibit opens up. It was the perfect day to go to the zoo. The animals were all out and playful, more so than I've ever seen. This was the first time ever we've seen the tiger up walking around. The animals were all enjoying the nice warm spring sun just like the rest of us, we got our fist sunburns of the year as well. I forgot sunscreen. I need to change modes from gloves and hats and coats of winter to sunscreen and sunglasses and lots of water of summer!
Just to get out of town for a night, after the zoo we drove up to Logan. Not a big trip, but enough to get away. Everyone knows how much fun it is to stay in a hotel. No one gets any sleep at all, but that is part of the fun....for the kids. I would've thought that swimming for 5 hours was enough to wear them all out for a good nights sleep. Oh, I was so wrong! But it was a super fun way to end the week. Lots of pictures, lots of fun memories. And now, we have homework to do.


No comments:
Post a Comment