Sunday, March 17, 2013

St. Patricks

I wasn't going to do the  scavenger hunt this year, I was trying to find something new,  but I'm glad I ran out of time deciding and went with another scavenger hunt.  That is the first thing that the kids looked for when they woke up.  I was downstairs and heard Ally screaming that she had found a clue (it was in one of her shoes), I didn't even know she was awake.  I love how excited my kids get for little holiday fun like this.  It definitely makes me smile to watch it! 
Heading to church with our green on!
Yesterday, I was at the store getting a few things, trying to think of what to have for dinner after church.  I saw a man with green rolls in his cart, and thought the kids would love french dip sandwiches on green rolls.  They turned their noses up at first thinking the bread was moldy, and Ally wouldn't even eat hers, but they thought it was funny.   
No hesitation with dessert though.  Yea for Lime sherbet drinks.  We hung out in my room and watched Down and Derby.  We have a Pinewood Derby coming up this week, and I'm a little stressed out about this car.  A little stressed, but secretly kinda happy this is the last Pinewood Derby we will have to build a car for. 
I had attached these little notes onto the kids' green mugs filled with gold coins as their treat at the end of the scavenger hunt.  I seriously got a little teary as I went to my bathroom to get ready for church and Davis had taken his tag and some of his candy and placed it in my drawer. 
Easter is early this year.  Only 2 weeks away, so down came the St. Patricks wreath and out came the Easter one tonight.  I have been working on this one for awhile, I thought plastic eggs oh it will be a cinch, but my OCD made it anything but.  I do love the way it turned out though. 

1 comment:

Jana Lyn said...

The wreath turned out way cute!