I've got a folder of photos on my computer that I've taken just randomly or photos that have been sent to me. I will usually blog about them when not much is going on, but they have piled up lately. Summer is busy, and we have had a fantastic time, so I've had other things to blog about. I need to get that folder cleaned out though, so I will begin August with a random post.
I went to pick Davis up at a friends house one day and he said "mom, come out back, I have to show you something". He jumped on a wiggle car and his friends dog was right there to join in the fun. This dog was so funny, and I loved hearing the laughs their game created. She was pushing him all over the yard on the wiggle car, by placing her head on Davis's back and running. Funniest thing, I've ever seen a dog do.
We still Lu when our schedules both permit a play date. This day we had gone to Toads, but had a craving for some sweets. Winco is the best place to visit when that craving hits!
We've done lots of fun things this summer, but somedays I need to stay home and catch up on laundry and chores. Well, I may be working, but Davis and Gator are going through withdrawls. Those 2 think they have to have friends over all the time. I don't mind, my kids have really good friends.
Owen was asked to play a 7 on 7 tournament with the junior high. He was excited to play some football again, and it made him so excited for the upcoming season. Well, Davis has started with the city now, but Owen is going to try out for the junior high team. That is so strange being at the football park with only one boy practicing. The last 3 years I've gone from one field to the other watching both boys practice. Anyway the tournament was fun, but blazing hot. And I was in the shade! Owen didn't complain once about the heat though, he was playing football, he didn't care about anything else.
It was back to the boys turn to go on a trip with Dave and Sheila. It is so fun that they do this every year with their grandkids. They all love it and can't wait for their turn. This year they traveled down to St. George and saw a play at Tuacahn. I've never been there. My boys go so many places I've never been to. They saw Starlight Express. It's a play where a child dreams his train set comes alive and he races across America. They really enjoyed it. I hate not being with them, I miss them, but I can't take pictures either. Dang it, but Dave did send me a few on my phone. They know I can't survive with my pictures.
While the boys were gone Gator and I had some girl time. Owen sent a text to her saying they were eating at Olive Garden. How dare they go to her favorite restaurant with out her. She just wouldn't stand for it, and her and I went to Olive Garden that night for dinner also. She had a play date with Ty and Blake and Millie also while the boys were gone. We had fun, but she missed her boys terribly. Swimming lessons are well under way as well. Her teacher suggested a swim team for Ally last week. Five and on a swim team? I was surprised, but the girl loves to swim and she is really a good little swimmer. I may look into the swim team thing in the winter when she is missing her favorite summer activity.
Owen just got home from his trip with his grandparents and he took off for scout camp. I was having some serious anxiety about sending him away for a whole week for scout camp for the first time ever. He never seemed nervous at all though, and was excited. I haven't heard anything and it is Thursday so I guess no news is good news here.
We had some excitement here of our own though. Monday, as Dave and Grandpa Jones were finishing up some work on the AC, we had a flood in the basement. It was a big mess and I broke down in tears. Why in the world was this happening. The tears quickly dried up though and I decided to look for blessings in the situation. The problem was quickly solved the next day, and I feel a boost in my testimony. I know how can a clogged sewer help build my testimony? Just another blessing from the situation. Davis and Ally didn't mind though, they got a sleep over at their grandparents out of it.
Last weekend, we had a small family reunion with my dads family. It's been a long time since I've seen a lot of them. It was fun to think about memories I have from growing up.













No comments:
Post a Comment