Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Happy {early} Birthday Owen!!

This year August 20th is the first day of school for my kids.  Owen just is not happy about this.  He has never been in school for his birthday, until this year.  So we had his birthday today, and what an awesome birthday it was.  We went down to Farmington Station and ate lunch at a place he's been wanting to try, Johnny Rockets. Tyler showed us a store that reminded me of Wreck it Ralph.  I walked through the doors and felt like I was in the game Sugar Rush.  We were right by lagoon, so we figured why not go for a couple hours.  It was so hot, I wish we would've had our swim suits, but Rattlesnake Rapids helped cool us off.  We couldn't stay long because Davis had to get back for football practice and we had a party to get ready for.  Except for one year that he got to take some friends to a movie, Owen has never had a birthday party anywhere but our backyard.  With a summer birthday, it is so easy to have all his friends over for a hot dog roast and some swimming,  but I thought this year was a big year, 13!!!!  I felt he needed a big party.  We rented out classic waterslides and he invited a bunch of friends, and they had a great time!!  It was probably the easiest birthday party I've ever thrown.  I bought some cookies and brownies, put them out on a table and spent the rest of the evening in a chair chatting with my friends.  Owen had a wonderful early birthday.  Funny, he got this awesome early birthday, but all he can talk about is how excited he is to be able to play football on his real birthday.  The Junior High is having try outs on the 20th right after school, and he is so excited to finally begin football season.  The boys love their football! 
 Some of the kids.  I tried my best, but getting over 50 kids all in the pool at once for a picture is darn near impossible. 

No comments: