The house seems so quiet today. I sent the boys to school, and then took Ally to tumbling. Now walking around the house I only find empty rooms. I peek into Ally's room to see what mess she is making, but it's quiet and clean (well, clean for her anyway)!
She likes to watch her shows in my room. She will get her coloring book and markers and stand at the dresser and color while she watches her shows. But the TV is off and there are no markers spread across the dresser or floor. Davis just moved his stuff downstairs. That left his old room upstairs, that Ally quickly claimed as her toy room. She loves to spend time in here playing with her barbies or babies, but this afternoon it was empty also.
All these empty rooms and quiet house must mean my kids are all off to school including Ally and kindergarten. Ally has had a calendar on the fridge all summer that she crossed off the days till school, and she painfully had to wait all week while the boys "got" to go to school and she didn't start till today (I am sure they didn't agree that they were the lucky ones when Ally got an extra week of summer vacation). Well, today was the big day, she started kindergarten today and I'm left in a quiet empty house. Can't say I'm enjoying it too much either.
I told myself I was going to be brave and not follow her bus to school to see her in her classroom, but the bus helped me out on that one. School starts at 12:30, and at 11:25 she came in my room upset because she missed her bus. I told her there is no way that was her bus an hour early. Well, we went outside at noon to wait for her bus and we just kept on waiting. Finally I called a friend and she told me that was their bus and we had missed it. Ally was so upset missing the bus on her first day of school, but I was happy inside because that meant I got to take her and get a pic in her classroom. Tomorrow I guess we will be out waiting for the bus an hour early. She will be so exhausted once she gets to school after being on the bus that long, but she insists on riding the bus. We will see how long that lasts.
1 comment:
Wow! All your kids in school! So glad Ally is excited about Kindergarten.
Post a Comment