Monday, September 30, 2013

Pets

I never had pets growing up.  Well, we fed the stray cat and she stuck around our house and had millions of kittens, but we never had a real family pet.  First thing Clark wanted to buy together after we were married was a dog.  We got Deena, followed by Scout and Bella.  We've had fish since Owen was 3 and we also have a lizard.  Growing up without pets, I haven't gotten too attached to any of our pets, but my kids sure are.  Bella and Gator are best friends.  We were driving to the groomer to pick Bella up today and Gator sat in the back seat crying the whole way, "Bella, I'm coming".  Yesterday in church she drew this cute picture and I come up to bed at night and find the 2 of them cuddling in my bed under the blankets fast asleep. 
 Davis and his lizard, Blaze.  We've had this lizard for almost 2 years and I've still yet to touch him.  Davis would sleep with  him every night and I can't even bring myself to touch him.  In fact, Davis lets Blaze climb all over him.  Davis loves all animals, but he is really interested in learning about reptiles. 

No comments: