Friday, January 24, 2014

Basketball, basketball,basketball

January is always a slow month for me.  I just take a while to get in a groove with the new year.  And I hardly take any pictures.  Which leads to a boring blog.  Well, this January is just like any other, and the few pictures I have are from my phone and they are all pretty much the same.....basketball.  That is what we do right now play and watch basketball.  The boys love it, Ally tolerates it and I am a ball of nerves at every game.  I just don't handle sport stress well.  I do enjoy watching my kids have fun and feeling really proud of themselves and realizing how hard work pays off.  Owen's comp team is doing great, they are undefeated again this winter league, they've played together for 4 or 5 years.  His other comp team had to pull out of the league because the boys couldn't play on more than one team.  That is ok though because he has the school team to keep him busy.  I really like the Jr. High coach, he is amazing and Owen is learning so much. 
 Davis is still playing on his Grizzlie team.  They've played together for about 3 years and it's great to see how they have progressed as a team.  They are also undefeated so far in their league.  Davis needs that, because he started a new team this year as well.  And that one is tough to watch.  The boys are all great kids, it is just always hard starting a new team and finding the right kids that not only play well together, but kids that get along with each other on and off the court.  Davis really likes his coaches and he is a great listener and will do what is asked of him (on the court).  He will learn a lot with such a good attitude. 
 
And what does a little sister do during all this basketball?   She has tons of friends and loves running around and playing with everyone.  Before every game we pack up just about every doll/Barbie she owns and all the snacks in the kitchen and head out to socialize for the evening. 
 And  since I'm the grandma after all, I am left babysitting.  It actually works out well for me, since some of the games are so intense I have to have a distraction. 

No comments: