Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Years in a minute

Happy 2014.  I thought we were just going to stay home for New Years Eve, and I had a party all planned for us at home, but last minute the party got moved to Kaysville.  That is ok, it's always fun to hang out with cousins and my kids would always rather do that.  I packed up my party and we headed out. Although it was fun, I bailed before midnight.  It was just the end of a long holiday and the noise and crowd got to me.  The boys stayed behind for more partying (all night I found out, early bedtime tonight!!), while the rest of us went home to welcome in the new year in bed in quiet.  Am I getting old or what!  Our Christmas break got started with a flood, but we didn't let that get us down, we had a fantastic holiday break together, but now back to school and work tomorrow.  2013 was full of trials and I am not sad to see the year be done.  I learned a lot and I hope I grew a lot, but I'm ready for a new year. 

No comments: