Ryan and Christine are amazing and so kind and took the family up to Park City this weekend. We stayed in some beautiful condos and had such a good time together. We arrived on Friday, and the little kids went straight for the hot tubs. We had a hike planned (next year, don't wear flip flops, I hurt so bad today) to all do together, but other then that it was up for grabs what there was to do. We brought bikes, there was shopping, paddleboarding, concerts, and a new phone app that the boys thought was the best thing ever. Saturday morning, the boys tried to explain the app to me, we went for a long walk, so right off the bat, I think the app is great. We walked forever, beats them sitting around inside on the XBox or phone games. I didn't understand too terribly much except for they were basically on a scavenger hunt collecting eggs, pokeman, and tokens. Kinda like geocaching. The app is all over the news this weekend though, so it must be pretty popular. They had a great time. While the boys were doing that, the little girls went for a bike ride. Park City is very pretty and they biked around the ponds and saw birds and ducks, flowers, and insects. After lunch, a group went shopping at the outlets, but I am just not a shopper, so I took my kids paddle boarding. Ryan, Jess, Gabe, and Kezi joined us. It was a great little pond, the kids loved that there were no boats to make waves. My kids love this sport, I really need to look into buying our own boards. We all met back at the condos and rode the ski lift up the mountain and hiked back down. The hike was beautiful, but longer then we had planned on and we didn't bring enough water, so we had some whining going on, but I think other then that everyone enjoyed it. Like I said, it was a lot longer then we knew, and at the end the Owen, Davis, and Chris got tired of the trail and just took off down the ski run and they made it back a lot quicker then the rest of us. We tried to take the shortcut, but my shoes wouldn't let me, and it was quite a bit steeper which made it rough on the little kids. But, eventually we all made it back for a nice dinner, movies, visting, and listening to the wild made up game of "pool" going on in the loft. I put my suit on around 10:30 and soaked my achey body in the hot tub, it felt so good. It was a great weekend away, so beautiful and relaxing, and so much fun to be with everyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















1 comment:
Looks like a fun getaway!
Post a Comment