Sunday, November 27, 2016

Christmas is coming

We did our Northpole breakfast yesterday.  This almost didn't happen this year, I had to talk myself into it.  It is a Christmas tradidion I love, but last year we had our Nothpole breakfast up at the condo, and it was while we were having breakfast that my mom passed away.  I tried to plan it this year, and I always had a knot in my stomach and quit thinking about it, I just couldn't do it this year.  But last minute, I knew I still wanted to do this for my kids and for Christmas.  I'm glad I did, we had fun, and I felt my mom near. 
After breakfast we went and picked out our tree for this year, and we didn't even  fight, that is a big step for us when we are tree shopping. 
 
 

1 comment:

Jana Lyn said...

Hope you are doing alright, so hard to have traditions and do things without your mom, especially when it reminds you of her and not-so-great times. I love your Santa hat garland, what a fun idea!