I'm struggling with all the things ending right now. I know the saying "one door closes, so another door can open", but I just don't like change, especially when it means my kids are growing up and moving on. Owen graduated seminary and high school, Davis is done with Jr High and along with that had his last choir concert, and Gator has chosen to be done with soccer and try something else (she is thinking swimming). I've come to grips with Owen graduating, I'm not happy about it, but I've accepted it. And even though I hate Jr High and think it is just a terrible awkward time for most students, I am very sad I will not have a buddy at my school next year. Davis is excited to start High School, but I still haven't come to grips with the fact that he will be in High School. Gators coach was amazing, and perfect for her. He decided that it was time for him to be done coaching, and we could find another team and try out for other clubs, but I left that decision all up to Gator and she decided that although she will miss soccer terribly, she wanted to try something else. So lots of change and even though I say I don't like it, I know it is life. I'm excited to see what is next and see what these amazing people accomplish.
Us after Seminary graduation and some of the senior activities during senior week.
After Gator's last soccer game, which she didn't even get to play in because of pneumonia.
From the first day of Jr High to the last, Davis has changed quite a bit. Both the boys sang in choir during Jr High, but didn't keep that up during High School.
Gator didn't seem to change a whole lot this year. She grew, especially her feet, but she looks pretty much the same. She likes to do her hair the same way on the first and last day. She's even holding her back pack the same way.
No comments:
Post a Comment