Sunday, May 13, 2018

Mothers Day

I had a great Mothers Day weekend.  I love our Heavenly Father's plan and that it paired me up with these three awesome individuals.  I feel blessed every day not just on Mothers Day.  Saturday we spent the day shopping for a few things that were needed, but I've been putting off.  Davis needed church clothes and shoes, Owen needed a belt and some tennis shoes.  Gator just likes to shop and she'll always find something she "needs" even if she really doesn't.  I hate shopping with every fiber of my being, but it needed to be done.  After shopping we went and got lunch.  It was so fun to spend the day with them before I had to go home and do laundry and grocery shop while the boys took the opportunity to scatter with friends.  That is okay, I had a great morning.  Sunday was also a good day spent with family.  After church we went to Kaysville.  I got a new hammock, so the kids and I used the 3 perfect hammocking trees in Stewarts front yard and relaxed for a couple hours until everyone came over for dinner.  My favorite part of summer (well at least summer food) is BBQ burgers.  So yummy!  We then went to the cemetery and met my family at my moms grave where she had planted a 4 leaf clover for us to find in a patch right by her headstone.  I've never seen a 4 leaf clover and I know it was from my mom.  Dessert at the park completed our weekend.  Owen is always teasing me that I love to fly kites, but he got me a new kite for Mothers Day and it was breezy enough for a few minutes for me to fly it.  As we drove home we got a little thunder and lightning.  It was an awesome weekend full of many of my favorite things!!

No comments: