Saturday, July 7, 2018
Road Trip
I didn't quite think it through when I planned a road trip for early July 5th. But we got up and on our way by 9:30, and made it to Santaquin before we had to stop for ice cream. I get a mailer from Tuacahn every year advertising the plays they will be doing. I wanted to go to Cinderella, but after Gator came up with her plan to read books that have movies, I decided to buy tickets to Matilda. I invited dad and Dianne and we made a trip out of it. We got down to Toquerville and dad and Dianne took us to dinner, then we went to the play. It was an fun evening, and we liked the play. It wasn't our favorite of the plays we've been to, but like every play at Tuacahn, it was so well done and the little girl that played Matilda was so talented. It is such a fun experience at Tuacahn, I love going to plays down there. July is a crazy hot time to go down south to visit, but that is why we planned to go to the reservoir Friday. We borrowed my aunts kayaks and went to Quail Creek for the afternoon. Davis freaked us out and went to the other side to do some cliff jumping, but he was gone for a couple hours so my dad and Owen went out to look for him and when my dad came back alone, I lost it. I just was so scared. I had horrible things going through my mind and I just didn't know what to do. It took him an hour or so, but Owen found him and came back with him. I can't even describe how I felt. He was just smiling and saying he had fun jumping off the rocks. It took another hour for my dad to make it back around the lake. So after the stress and craziness, we finally had about an hour to just have fun. It was awesome because it really just seemed like everyone got along and had fun together. No fighting. They taught Joey to swim, then some thunder and lighting rolled in and we felt it best to not stay in the water. The clouds brought the temperature down a bit and we had a nice evening eating dinner and visiting at dad's house. The boys went to a movie in St George, then we all crashed after the busy day. We got up this morning and left to drive home. I wanted to take a scenic way home so we drove through Zions and Cedar Breaks. It was beautiful We just drove through, we could've seen more getting out at Cedar Breaks, but we needed to get home and this was already a three hour detour. Cedar Breaks was beautiful because it was both green with lots of trees and wildflowers, but also the red rock and deep canyon. It was rainy in Zions and it felt so good, I would've loved to spend more time, but I was already pushing it with the kids, so I was happy with what we did. I didn't have to share them with work, football, or friends for 3 days, I love road trips with them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














1 comment:
Busy, full summer! Glad Davis was safe when he went Cliff jumping. What a scare! Looks like you had an eventful 4th too.
Post a Comment