We did it. We took Owen to the MTC. I can't say that I enjoyed it at all, nothing about the day was fun. And the last 3 days have honestly been terrible. I am praying that he is happy and not homesick, because we are sure missing him. I know all the cliche answers and in my heart I do know he is where he is supposed to be and he's doing the right thing, but it still sucks, and I still actually hate it right now. I am hopeful my outlook will change, but for the moment, I hate it. He emailed a little blurb saying he was there and fine 30 minutes after we drove away, but I haven't heard anything else since and I am dying. I did receive a huge blessing today though and I had a couple pictures texted to me from moms of friends that are also in the MTC right now. Owen was excited to see friends that had already left for their missions. I am excited to start hearing awesome testimony building stories, but tonight I am sad and I miss him terrible..............
On Tuesday, the day before he left, I took the day off work and we went to the temple and to lunch together.
We stopped for breakfast on our way to Provo Wednesday morning.
His first companion is a kid from Fremont. They actually have played football together for the 3 years of high school. I guess that is a little comfort of home.
1 comment:
Hope you get to hear from him soon, and that the change gets easier. The temple and lunch sounds like a perfect place to spend your last day together.
Post a Comment