Friday, September 21, 2018

We finally heard from him

So Owens pday is Thursday. I guess they thought since they just got there last Wednesday, they didn't need to give them a pday last week, but we finally got an email yesterday.  And actually we emailed back and forth pretty much all day.  It was awesome to "talk" to him.  He is very homesick which breaks my heart.  I put my own broken heart aside and tried to help him, but I don't know if I did much good.  I cried all day at work, but my co workers were amazing and let me email him and cry. He went in knowing the MTC would be a struggle.  He is a mover and a  very active social kid.  It is killing him to be in one place all the time.  He feels very closed in and claustrophobic.  He is having some fun though, he loves his district and thinks there is a very attractive sister missionary in his district.  He shares photos through out the week on google photos, so we get to see his face and some of the things he is doing.  He said they have to have fun, or they would all go crazy.  I had an answer to my prayers yesterday.  They went to the temple and Clarks aunt works at the Provo temple on Thursday evenings.  She found him and gave him a big mom hug.  Owen said that hug was very needed, and I cried because of the tender mercy.  It is hard, and I still haven't gotten out of my funk, but I do hope the spirit will help me.  I think once he gets to Cincinnati, his personality will explode and he will love exploring and getting out and around.  I think people will be drawn to him.  His first step is to make it to October 1, that is when he leaves the MTC.   He has shared some very spiritual experiences though thus far, and I know Heavenly Father is with him.
 This Elder is also a future ISU Bengel
 Owen loved having some friends from Fremont there his first week.  They've mostly flown out now, but he loved getting to see them and that helped him those first couple of days.

No comments: