Sunday, October 7, 2018

Fall weekend

It was a fun fall weekend.  Football games, Frightmares, General Conference, and my fall drive.  It was everything I want in a weekend.  But I had this overwhelming feeling that something just wasn't right.  And my heart was completely broken for Owen as he began emailing me telling me how sad and not okay he is.  So I tried to keep everything happy and normal for Davis and Gator, but I've never felt the amount of stress that I was feeling for Owen. Thursday Fremont played up at Weber.  I knew it would be a rough game and the weather was not going to be great, and it was also a school night, so I stayed home with Gator.  The game was called with 9 minutes left in a tie because of the weather.  So they had to finish the varsity game before the sophomores could play.  And it was an awful ending because Fremont lost.  The sophomore game also had a sad ending.  They were barely winning the whole game until the last 3 seconds and Weber made a field goal winning the game.  Davis had an awesome attitude though saying they'd get them next year.  I don't like losing, but it is still so fun to watch my kids do the things they love. 
While I was at the game, Gator went to Frightmares with Josh and Rachelle.  I was hoping to get there sooner to relieve Rachelle, she just had surgery.  I was able to get there at about 8:30 and I got to hang out with Gator, Blake, and Ty.  So it all turned out great!
Saturday we were pretty lazy.  Davis worked and Gator and I had to go grocery shopping.  Krissy invited us over to watch womens conference and have pizza and ice cream.  I think it should be a tradition. 
And this morning was my fall drive.  We actually found winter.  We went up to Snow Basin and it was snowing!  Davis got all giddy because it's almost ski season.  I got two fall drives this year, and they were awesome.  I love fall, I don't think there is anything prettier than fall leaves. 

No comments: