Monday, October 1, 2018

It's October!

October 1st and we are in Halloween mode.  My absolute favorite time of year.  We picked up Davis from football this evening and went to get pumpkins.  I am pretty sure when my kids are all grown up and moved out, I will be going to the pumpkin patch by myself.  Davis got out of the car, said "that one" and let me take a picture then went back to the car.  But he was all over getting ice cream at Country Corner afterwards.  Gator is still into the activity.  I think that has been one of the hardest things with Owen leaving on his mission.  I am not ready to be alone.  I'm a mom, and I don't ever want my kids to grow up.  I knew this day would come, but why does it have to be already?  I'm in a hard spot, I want the next 2 years to fly by so Owen comes home, but I don't want Davis and Gator to be 2 years older, 2 years closer to leaving.  I have to enjoy every second of every day right now.  Time is passing regardless, so I just have to wipe my tears and enjoy my life.
 My ugly pumpkin this year.  I think it looks kinda like a praying mantis.  It is ugly!
 It was also National Homemade Cookie Day.  Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies for us, and a few neighbors.

No comments: