Wednesday, November 7, 2018

New Season

I have to rant about Davis for a minute.  I hate hate hate to admit it, but Davis does seem to sometimes get the "middle child" shaft.  The past few months have been a little hard on him with Owen leaving then coming home and helping him find a job and figure out college and helping him with his anxiety and stuff.  And Gator is the only girl and the youngest so she is pretty demanding of the attention, but Davis is quiet and he'll just let himself go unnoticed and it's easy for him to just kinda hide and do things on his own.  I actually love that quality, but I hate it at the same time.  Davis is an awesome kid and he deserves some kudos right now.  He finished up a great football season, sticking with it and working his hardest even when he didn't quite get the recognition he should have.  Dressing varsity was an awesome thing, but it was also so hard to have to stand on the sidelines all game every game and watch.  He wanted to be out there so bad.  He was a main contributor to his sophomore team though.  At midterm, his grades were D's and F's.  So unlike Davis.  He buckled down and look at this report card for  1st term.  It is amazing!!  And now he has just made the basketball team.  Football is a long season, but I think basketball is more of a commitment.  And it is also harder to make.  No one gets cut from football and it takes a ton of kids to get through a football season.  Basketball a large amount gets cut and of a student boy over 2000 kids, only 20 something make the basketball team.  And I have to say it, when you weren't blessed with the height that your older brother was, it isn't so obvious that you can kick butt at basketball.  So we are going from one tough season to another with Davis and he is ready for the challenge.  I'm not so sure Joey is though, he misses Davis all day long.  

No comments: