Monday, February 3, 2020
Happy 17th Birthday Davis!!
I know I enjoy celebrating birthdays much more than my kids. Well, except for maybe Gator. I just love having a day all about the birthday kid and making them feel special. Davis is now 17. I'm going to skip over all the cliche sayings and just state that I am in utter shock that he is 17. Next year, I will have 2 adult children and one just beginning her teen years. I've almost survived two teenage boys. But I'm going to be honest, they are much harder the older they get than when they were younger. I still love them insane crazy amounts, they are just a lot of stress and worry. I hope Davis had a good birthday, and I hope he knows that he is very loved and prayed for. I just wish that teenagers weren't so hard on themselves, that they could skip past all the social crap and just see that life will iron out and be okay. Davis is in the thick of it right now, and I know the divorce and our current situation is hard on him and so stressful. I hate that. But I can help make his birthday a day about him and that is just what I did. After school he and I went to Swig and got a drink and a cookie just the two of us. Then we out to dinner after with Owen and Gator. Davis, I love you. I love your smile and your dimples. I love seeing you happy and excited. I love the relationship that you and I have. Happy Birthday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment