Wednesday, August 12, 2020

This and That

We're still plugging along.  Things are getting fired up again with Covid and football and the beginning of a new school year.  I don't follow politics real close, but it is an election year, and I may not follow it, but I can still see the decline in our country and that there are so many things spoke about regarding the Second Coming that are happening and I know it is getting close.  The world is so wicked and so many bad bad things are going on.  I just keep going and doing and my best and praying for my kids, trying to be there for them.  As of now school will be back in session on August 26th.  It is going to look very different and I am very scared of what is going to happen with school and my job.  Football has continued.  We have our first game on Friday.  I am so beyond excited for football season.  This is my time of year, fall, football, cool nights, leaves, the smell, corn fields, everything.  I want to enjoy this fall/football season because day to day, I just don't know when it is all going to be taken away again.  I love football, but I don't love turf.  Whoever invented turf was not a mom or in charge of the family cleaning and laundry.  I've got black rubber bits ALL over the house. 
All summer Gator has been volunteering at a preschool.  She has gone twice a week and helped with the summer camp.  I know she had a great time, and made a couple cute little friends.  She was given a box of cookies as a thankyou this week on the last day.  Yes, she chopped off her hair.  She's always had long hair, but she was done with the red in it and it just wasn't going away, so she cut off about 8 inches.  
This 4 wheeler.....I know he loves it and has fun, but it is so much money and work.  He finally got the part and fixed it and went riding the next day.  The last ride of the day, the thing broke again, and now he is working on saving up to fix it again.  

 A few movie theaters are opening.  There hasn't been a new movie released in over 6 months, but Kaysville theater is showing old movies.  It was fun to just be in a theater again and feel a little normal, and I totally got myself sick on the popcorn. 
We have one very sad clingy dog.  He is going to have a hard time adjusting to us going back to work and school.  We have been with him constantly since March and for a while the only thing to do was going outside with him and hiking and playing.  But even now with football starting and us being gone for that, he is so sad.  
 We don't see a whole lot of Owen anymore.  With football and a girlfriend his time is pretty much taken.  Lately if he isn't in his room watching film or at practice, then him and Kylee are enjoying some down time together at a rodeo. 
It was a very long day with work and football and life, but Davis and I still celebrated National Middle Child Day.  A day for us two to both get a treat and  have a minute together since we're both middle children.  Being a middle child isn't so bad, but it is a lot more fun with another middle child like Davis the celebrate with. 

No comments: