A normal 4th of July was back this year and it was busy and HOT. Gator and I drove down from Tremonton (with the dang bunnies because I was worried about them getting too hot, so they spent the day in the shade with misters on them). Owen and Kylee came from Pocatello for the day, and Davis and Kin came over to hang out too. Like I said it was our "normal" 4th of July starting with the parade in Layton (thank you Smiths for the awesome popsicles, my favorite), some went to the carnival, but I went to Krissy's to make a salad and muddy buddies and get out of the heat, then we had dinner at Colin's and hung out, played some corn hole, and watched fireworks. I guess one thing wasn't normal though, we are in such a drought and high fire danger that we didn't do any of our own fireworks. That was a bummer, all the kids have fun lighting our own off, but there were some pretty tight restrictions on personal fireworks, so we just decided to not do them. It was such a fun day! I kept thinking how strange it is now, a new normal, but I'll get used to it. Gator is the only one still living with me at the moment, so it is an extra special day when the boys choose to hang out with us, I love seeing them and I'll take hanging out with them any day. Life just keeps changing and moving on. We're good!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















No comments:
Post a Comment