Sunday, November 20, 2022

Getting ready for Christmas

 In this house we start the Holiday season November 1st.  I love fall, and Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, but November & December are the holidays and I will mix them and celebrate them together and decorate for both.  November has been pretty slow, trying to finish up a class, Owen has been hurt so he's not playing, and just life.  I need the lights and excitement of the holidays to get me out of the funk I'm in.  So we haven't done too much, but hopefully that changes this week as we have a busy calendar from here until the end of the year.  

Gator is still loving her riding lessons.  She needs to own her own horse, maybe one day.  

Willow just goes along with all Gators craziness.  She is one spoiled dog with matching Christmas jammies.  
We had Joey for the weekend.  He showed up in a Christmas hoodie, so of course we had to take a picture of the festive dogs.  
Owen was a captain in the game this weekend.  Like I said, he's hurt and he has been going to therapy for a knee injury.  He just continues to fight through injuries this season.  He was quite upset that he didn't play in the game Saturday.  I wish I could help him, I hate the mental game the coaches play.  Football is his life and he is very blessed to be getting his school paid for, and I love watching him play for 15 years, but I'm struggling with this college ball stuff.  He is amazing though, and he continues to fight and work hard.  
Gator didn't go with me Saturday since Joey was at the house.  After the game, I tried to stick around and help Owen calm down and work through some emotions.  We went to Idaho Falls for dinner, and the Christmas lights had just turned on.  We weren't dressed for the freezing cold, but we still walked around a little bit.  

No comments: