Friday, January 6, 2023

A good start?

Owen plays and gets hurt, plays and gets hurt.  Some injuries he can play the next week, some put him out for a couple of weeks, and others he just plays through until the end of the season and then he has to get surgery.  He tore his wrist around the 3rd week of the season, and they tried everything to find out what he did, but nothing was showing up, so he just played through the pain.  Finally after the season, they found a tear and he was in for surgery to repair it.  Now he is in this for 6 weeks and he is not a happy camper.  
Kylee texted me to tell me Owen was out of surgery and everything had gone well, and not even 2 minutes later, I get a text from Davis "going to the hospital, almost cut my finger off."  Seriously.  I called him right back and he explained what happened and he was on his way to workmed.  I told him to let me know if he needed anything, and he said since he was in Logan, by time I could get there he would probably be ready to go home.  So I left work, but when I got there the doctor hadn't even been in to see him, lovely workmed.  Anyway we hung out for a few hours, and finally he was stitched up and able to go home.  Very lucky that he still had a finger.  
I guess Gator didn't want to be left out so she got really sick and needed to go to the doctor.  Luckily they were a lot quicker than workmed and we were sent home with 4 prescriptions about an hour later.  

I hope the last couple of days isn't a precursor for our 2023.  


 

No comments: