Monday, January 23, 2023

A good weekend

 Weekends like this make it so hard to go back to work on Monday morning.  But here we are Monday morning and it's back to work and homework.  Friday after school, Gator and I grabbed Willow and went to Pocatello.  I just dropped her off at Owen's because I had an appointment at the temple.  I was walking in and saw an old friend that used to work at Rocky, but moved up north to be a principal at a elementary in Lava.  After I got dressed and was in the chapel, I saw an old friend from 30 years ago.  That was crazy.  Teresa and I were best friends when I lived in Pocatello.  She came to my wedding and I was in her wedding years ago.  We've seen each other randomly, but not for years.  We sat in the celestial room and talked for a bit, but I knew Gator would be getting nervous since her appointment for baptisms was at 6:30.  Afterwards we went back to Owen & Kylee's to have pizza and we spent the night.  Saturday morning, I took Gator up to Pebble Creek to meet Davis and Kin for a day of skiing.  They said it was a blast, and a great ski resort.  Owen had to push our cars out of the snow (one handed), but that was the only mishap of the day.  While they were skiing, Owen helped me set up my new laptop.  I am completely illiterate when it comes to technology, and he was frustrated with me a few times, but we got it done.  We went out for ice cream before picking up Gator.  We all spent the evening together.  I made dinner, and we just hung out.  Nothing big, but just spending time with my favorite people, makes for a great weekend.  

No comments: