Thursday, July 4, 2024

4th of July

 We have basically done the exact same thing every 4th of July.  It is fun, and full of family time.  If it wasn't for the heat, I would dare say it was one of the best days every year.  But now that my kids are grown, it is kind of a bummer.  I love seeing all my kids, and I wish they didn't grow up some days of the year.  The 4th of July being one of them.  Owen and Kylee have started their own traditions, and they love it.  Next year, I may join them on their new Stewart 4th of July fishing derby.  We'll see, maybe we can even get Davis and Kin to go too.  Regardless of where we were, we all had a fun holiday.  Everyone had fun plans, and everyone was safe.  I just don't have as many pictures to show for it.  Owen sent 2 and Davis sent 0.  I took lots though.  

After dinner, the "crack" comes out.  My muddy buddies will never measure up to the 4th of July crack.  
It actually wasn't terribly hot this year, but after dinner when the sun goes down and we are hanging out playing with fireworks is still my favorite part of the 4th of July.  
The Stewart 4th of July Fishing Derby

No comments: