Today I closed an 11 year chapter of my life and opened a huge new scarey chapter. I've been working as a Para at Rocky (moving to Mountain View this year), but after getting my degree I decided it was time to put that degree to use and I started a new job as THE teacher at Roy Jr High. I am beyond scared and overwhelmed. I went up to my new classroom today and met my 7 students (all boys), and my 4 Paras. I will be returning to school in the fall to get my teaching license, but with my degree I was still hired as a teacher. I have a huge list of things to do and paperwork to finish. I am so stressed out, my vision is blurry, but I am really excited! I just have to convince myself that I don't have to get it all done and change everything all at once.
I interviewed last week and it took awhile to get all the boxes checked, I had almost given up at getting the job, but I got a phone call Wednesday and Gator came home with a treat to celebrate.
No comments:
Post a Comment