Everyone had to work this year so we had to change up our plans a little. Owen & Kylee came down and we revisited our ice cream before the Christmas Eve party tradition. We used to go out for ice cream every year, but I got ice cream and all the toppings so we could have ice cream sundaes here and have a couple hours to celebrate Christmas together before Davis and Kin left for their party and the rest of us went to Kaysville for the Stewarts party. I will take whatever time I get with my kids. Christmas is different with older kids and having to share now with in laws, but I am so grateful we still get to be together.
We did a couple new things this year at the Christmas Eve party. Sheila brought stuff for the kids to make snowglobes, Krissy and I got fleece for everyone to help make blankets to donate, and Stewarts had the audacity to change the dessert. I wasn't a fan of the new dessert, but of course Owen still got a nut. It was a little different with 3 missionaries not being there, but Eden, Dallin, and Jake are all doing great on their missions. I didn't get a picture soon enough and people were stating to leave by the time I got up from the blankets, but I still got some of the family gathered for a picture.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment