Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Not quite like I had planned....

My plans began simple enough. Taking the kids along with Grace and Lu into Salt Lake for a day out and about, but the day turned out anything but simple. We were walking around the planetarium when Ally had a bit of a mishap. She was riding on Owens shoulders and decided she wanted to get off, but thought she could do this alone and she fell right to the floor and landed on her head. The sound of her hitting the floor was horrible. After I got her calmed down with the help of a nice lady that was calming me down so I could calm Ally down, I decided to take her to the doctor to just get it checked out. So the kids and I boarded Trax to go to Primary Childrens for an exam. She was acting pretty tired and out of it, but once she snapped out of that she was her normal self. After a couple of hours we got back on the Trax to head down the hill. Well, we got on the wrong one, so we had to get off, and wait for another. Finally at around 6:30 we were off the train and very tired. Thanks to Grace and Lu and my boys for being so good and understanding about the day and for helping me out.


I also decided what my new years resolution will be. I need to be aware of people around me and what I can do to help. After Ally fell this morning a stranger was right there to help me and see what she could do. On the trax Davis had left his toy so a man got off the trax and found us to give it back, and then almost missed his chance to get back on so he could go where he needed to. And also on the train on the way home, Ally was hungry and tired. A lady came up to her and gave her an orange that she had just peeled for herself to eat. All these people helped me and I would like to be more aware of people in situations where I can help them.

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

I'm so glad she's okay! Thanks for putting up with my millions of phone calls to check on her. I'm glad you were surrounded by some of our many "angels among us" on your difficult day.

Andrea said...

Oh my goodness! Poor little girl