Thursday, December 8, 2011

I need advice

I'm sitting outside of Ally's preschool right now trying to figure out this little girl of mine. She has LOVED school since the first day. But the last couple of days she is crying, and won't let me leave. She won't go to nursery, or any friends houses either. She has to be right by my side 24/7. I'm in the shower, she is sitting right outside, I'm using the bathroom, she is sitting right outside, I go do laundy, she follows right behind. Ok yes, I would just say I'm flattered that she loves me so much, but she was never like this before. She has been very emotional. So I got her to sit down in the circle this morning, but only if she held my hand. After sitting like this for a few minutes I gave her a big hug and left her crying. It breaks my heart, but what do I do? Help!

1 comment:

Webster's said...

My kids did this, BOTH OF THEM! Luckily it was at different times, but they would go from everything is happy and wonderful to tears when I left. I ended up sending them with a "Happy Picture". Seriously, just a random picture of something they love. I did it for a few days. Work with the teacher and make sure that they can run into preschool, show the teacher the happy pic and why it makes them happy. I also did the stickers on the hands to remember to smile and be a happy, fun friend. Just work on some over-the-top specific, positive, individual praise towards her for a few days. For some reason she is just needing an extra boost right now. It shouldn't last too long. You're a wonderful mommy, keep it up! :) Hugs!