Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Fieldtrippin

I volunteered to go along with the 4th grade on their fieldtrip to Fort Buenaventura.  And where I go, Gator goes.  She is always the class party/fieldtrip bomber.  Good thing the boys and all their friends are so good with her.  Although I am worried about what her opinion of school is.  She always goes for the fun part, next year when she is expected to sit in her chair and work may be a problem.  I loved that Davis would take his little sisters hand and help her along even with all his friends around.  I hope they all always look out for eachother. 
 We got to throw Tomahawk's.  A little scarey handing over a hatchet to children, but they all were great and loved it.  Even Gator and I got to give it a shot.  And I have to brag for a moment.  The whole class went through one round with no success, the adults gave it a whirl and boom my first try my hatchet stuck!  Davis couldn't let his mom show him up though and he quickly got the hang of it. 
 I was only around for the Tomahawk throw and the tug of war, so that is all I got pictures of.    The rest of the day, I was off cooking scones or helping set other activities up.  I love being able to be so involved with my kids and their school, good thing they don't get sick of having me around. 

No comments: